On behalf of the members of the research programme “Northern InSights – Service Innovation and Tourist Experiences in the High North” (Opplevelser i Nord/OIN), we have the pleasure of welcoming you to submit abstracts to the 22nd Nordic Symposium in Tourism and Hospitality Research to be arranged in Bodø, at the coastal steamer Hurtigruten and in Svolvær on the Lofoten Islands.
The main topic of the conference, “Innovation and value creation in experience-based tourism”, directs the attention to how tourism firms can find new ways of creating value for tourists and for the industry to develop more superior experiences for tourists. It also focuses on how different research areas within organisation and management, marketing, psychology, incuding innovation, learning and enterpreneurship, can be applied to contribute to advances in tourism research.
Relevant topics for the conference (but not exclusively) are:
• Innovation within and between tourism firms
• Cooperation and learning
• Co-creation and tourist involvement
• Extraordinary tourist experiences
• Tourists’s learning and perceptions
• Entrepreneurship of tourism firms
• Special events & festivals
• Sustainable destination development
• Social / electronic media
• Destination marketing
• Tourism behaviour and experiences
• Food tourism
• Tourism economics
• Nature-based tourism
• Tourism and culture
• Second home
• Hospitality strategy and management
• Meal experiences
• Research methods in tourism and hospitality research
• Global sustainability and responsible tourism Information on the conference,
including the PhD course and submission of abstracts, can be found on the left-hand panel.